This guide is outdated. Checkout the new guide: Install Foundation 5 and SASS using Yeoman and Grunt on Windows.
There's a guide at the Zurb website on how to install Foundation (a framework for responsive webdesign), but it doesn't explain how to do this on Windows. This guide shows you how to install Foundation on Windows 7.
- Download newest version of Ruby at rubyinstaller.org/downloads/.
- Right-click the downloaded file and choose "Run as administrator".
- While following the wizard remember to check "Add Ruby executables to your PATH".
- When installation has finished go to Windows Start-menu and type "cmd". Right-click "cmd.exe" and choose "Run as administrator".
- Type (doesn't matter in which folder):
gem install zurb-foundation
Create a project
When installation has finished you are ready to create your first project. Here is how:
- Still in the command prompt find the folder where you want your project to be created:
- Create the project by typing:
compass create <project-name> -r zurb-foundation --using foundation
- To monitor your project for changes and automatically recompile:
compass watch <project-name>